Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

i'm lucky..
cos i got the job that everyone wanted but couldn't get
yet i did not appreciate it.

i'm lucky..
cos i've got my guardian angels to support and help me out in times of need
yet i caused everyone having bad impressions towards one another.

i'm such a great creature, don't you think?

great in a sense causing so much of troubles & yet managed to escape alive.

now i call myself lucky cos i finally got a job that i really enjoy & love doing it.
without any relation or someone i knew that helped me to get the job.
i'm now in a stranger place with all the people i have never met before.
but i'm happy cos at least these people won't judge me cos of somebody's recommendation or something else.
like my first day in kenny rogers, when i made a tiny mistake; the trainee manager scolded me. when i sneezed, another senior immediately asked me to wash my hands with soap saying it's unhygienic.
like today, i kept forgetting to ask the customer if it's before meal or after meal should the ice cream be served; i got sounded by the Captain cos never learn. LOL.
but i'm happy.
cos when i made mistakes, they correct me immediately so that i won't make the same mistake again.
on my first day itself, another manager; i don't know he's in charge of what but i think should be in F&B, he complimented me saying i'm a fast learner. "Excellent" he said. simple compliment. but i'm truly happy.
and today, the Supervisor corrected me again telling me what i should & shouldn't do & she complimented me too. "Chan you sgt hardworking. bagus sgt" & again, i'm feeling superb.

i don't really know how to describe it, but i'm so happy that i finally found a job that meets my expectations. a place where you can truly learn & follow procedures.
as simple as going to toilet, you gotta ask permission.
if you are late to work, you gotta answer to the Restaurant Manager.
& even during your break, it's not like you can take whatever portions of food as you like. the Front Line people will prepare the food as requested by you.
even the table settings, there are ways of how to putting the knife & the fork. i remember Sir Eddy (don't know manager of what), he taught me on the first day saying that we're only allowed to touch the handle of cutleries but not the "mouth" cos it's unhygienic.
there are lots of things la you see, but i don't wanna elaborate too much on it.
others might say so strict or troublesome, but i'll say that's how a restaurant should run. i'm impressed.

in such a small space i would say, they have the Restaurant Manager, Asst. Restaurant Manager, Trainee Manager, F&B Manager, one more don't know what manager, Supervisor, 2 Captains & F&B Staffs(me la means).

& you are not stuck in being a Server (aka waitress) forever. sometimes you get to be the Cashier, or in charge of Front Line aka preparing food or some other time you have to be a Cleaner, in another words having to wash dishes. but i tell you, your hands won't even get the chance to come in contact with water cos not only they use gloves but the way they wash the cutleries are superb. hahah

too long winded eh? but i still have so much to write! cos for myself, it's something worth remembering & to share out with you readers. heh heh

so keep reading as i continue to type.. ;)

i don't know what says you, but for me if i'm given the chance to choose between: enjoy working but low paid or stress in work but high paid; i'd rather choose the first one.

if you ask me again, whether i prefer working in an environment where your colleagues are easy going & friendly or nice but envious. i'll obviously prefer the first one.

or if you ask me, if i love receiving compliments or bad remarks about myself. definitely i'll choose the first one. cos i'm only a human you see. i don't know how about you, for me, money is important. but being accepted & liked by everyone in workplace is equally important for myself.

i wouldn't say that Fossil is bad, but at this stage. maybe it's me that i cannot accept too much of changes yet. like you haven't even learn how to crawl but already forced to run. how is it possible that my world is like Peter Pan's & suddenly i'm being forced to live in the reality; the cruel reality? i cannot accept so much of sudden changes yet & please. please don't force me to grow up too fast. i'm not you okay, & never will be. so let me live the way i want it & comfortable with at the moment.

oh btw, eventhough today is only my second day, but cekap already i tell you. taking orders not a problem anymore. communicating with customers & fulfilling their needs are something i really enjoy doing. LOL. and hello, i'm in charged by the Supervisor to guide & teach the 2 new staffs eventhough i myself is still new alrite? cehh so action.

plus, the managers all are like friends. they joke & talk to you with no boundaries. like some other places, if i'm the boss i wouldn't be too close with the staffs. but this place is totally amazing. i can't stop saying how much i enjoy myself in here you see eventhough my feet pain like HELL.

like today, the Supervisor herself helped me to wear the apron cos according to her we're not working in Kopitiam but in Kenny Rogers, so must be tidy & neat. & the Captain herself came to me and explain to me how to promote our menus to the customers. then there's also this Trainee Manager whom i asked to help me kill the cockroach. he didn't hesitate to help at all. plus, i even requested to that don't know what manager that i wana change my shift from what time to what time & all he ever replied me was "no problem at all". great people isn't it? when i asked permission from the Restaurant Manager to be seated cos my leg is cramping, she quickly said yes & the Supervisor herself kept asking me to sit & rest. when i got up to serve the customer, the Supervisor scolded me & asked me to sit down only. wow, i couldn't imagine that. she even asked the guy to go serve the customer & let me be the Hostess cos according to what she said "Kaki Chan sakit. Jgn bagi dia jln byk sgt"

then there's also some monkies working in the kitchen whom i barely know at all asking me for my name. so i told them to call me Chan. & they made fun of my name saying "Chan mali chan hoi hoi" & kept singing. so adorable. haha

& yes, today i was skiing cum dancing & almost tripped cos the floor was wet & that bloody new shoes that costs me rm200 was hopeless. i was so malu & the first sentence that managed to escape from my mouth was "thank god piring tak pecah" & everyone laughed at me. so bad.

btw, this month alone i've already spent rm300+ just to buy 3 bloody shoes. with that money, all i need to do is to top up another rm200 & i'll get my iPod Nano. but i'm lucky cos my mum is so great. eventhough we don't have much money left, but my mum kept telling me to get a comfy shoes no matter how pricey it is.

maybe it's too soon to say this yet, but i'm ever so grateful to have met a bunch of really understanding people who put my needs first. so selfish of me. hehe

so thank you for reading. i'm done here. adios amigos.

No comments: